Motor Accident Claims
This includes all personal injury claims for:
- road accidents
- car accidents
- bicycle accidents
- motorbike accident
- pedestrian accidents
- truck accidents
- bus accidents
We are a Queensland firm who have been acting for drivers and/or passengers for over 30 years.
Your guide to injury compensation
Has a motor vehicle injury affected your life?
Has being involved in a car accident for example – either as a driver, passenger or pedestrian – taken a toll on your finances, family life and/or physical capabilities, especially if you have sustained a personal injury? Urgently contact one of our expert car accident injury lawyers at Splatt Lawyers to discuss your compensation claim as strict time limits apply.
If you have lost a loved one as a result of a motor vehicle accident, their dependents may also be able to claim for funeral expenses and loss of financial support.
Over the years we have successfully acted for drivers and/or passengers who have suffered through no fault of their own injuries such as (but not limited to) head injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, back injuries, wrist injuries, neck injuries, broken bones, breaks, factures and dislocations as well as psychiatric and emotional disabilities.
While we cannot erase the injury, we can help you reach an outcome.
A claim through Splatt Lawyers will cover all of your physical injuries as well as any psychological injuries (if applicable) and losses. This includes past and future costs.
For example, you may be able to claim for:
- Medical expenses, rehabilitation expenses (such as physiotherapy, massage, etc) and hospital expenses;
- Loss of earnings;
- Pain and suffering;
- Help around your home (paid or unpaid).
First things first, after sustaining injuries in a motor vehicle accident, you should:
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- If possible, advise the police of your accident (if they do not attend the scene). If you are unable to report the accident immediately, you should do so as soon as you are able to.
- Seek legal advice regarding your rights.
For more information, fill in our enquiry form or FreeCall the Accident Compensation Advice helpline on 1800 700 125 for free legal advice.
Important Things to Know About Injury Claims
Be aware that time limits apply. Generally you have three (3) years from the date of the accident in which to proceed with legal action, plus you must lodge a “Notice of Action Claim Form’”with the CTP (compulsory third party) insurer of the vehicle(s) at fault, so it is best not to delay. These insurers are Suncorp, Allianz Australia, RACQ , AAMI, NRMA, QBE and TAC. The defendant has 6 months to respond to your personal injury claim.
If the other car was unregistered or unidentified, you can still make a CTP claim however strict time limits apply.
How long your claim will take to finalise will depend on how serious your injuries are, the complexity of your situation and the treatment you may require before your injuries will stabilise. In our experience many motor accident claims can be finalised within 18 months. The more complex claims can take longer.
Splatt Lawyers provides:
- Free initial consultation to assess your claim;
- We Come To You Appointments. We are happy to meet you at your residence, your place of work, in hospital or a mutually convenient location to discuss your claim;
- A No Win No Fee. We will only charge fees for claims if the outcome is successful;
- We Fund Outlays. Unlike our competitors we cover the costs of outlays throughout the matter.
Take action now. For more information, fill in our enquiry form or FreeCall the Accident Compensation Advice helpline on 1800 700 125 for free legal advice.